We are calling on everyone within our community to help us launch a new pen pal program to help residents connect with the wider community and share their stories and experiences with others.
To help you write your letter, we have provided residents’ names and interests below:
- Barbara enjoys movies and colouring
- Donald enjoys working outside, hockey and baseball
- Isobel enjoys Bingo and baseball
- Marg enjoys reading mystery novels, dogs and cats
- Mona enjoys music, crafts, and sweet treats
- Norma enjoys country music and walking outside
- Rita enjoys her family, faith and the outdoors
- Ruth enjoys rug hooking, gardening and cheering on the Toronto Blue Jays
- Sylvia enjoys her faith, reading magazines and spending time on the iPad
Anyone interested in sending a letter can address it to:
Shelburne Long-Term Care
200 Robert St.
Shelburne, ON, L9V 2X3
Attn: Pen Pal (Resident Name)
If you have any questions about the program, please contact Sarah Ricci at [email protected].
We want to thank everyone for their participation, and we are confident that this activity will be a great way for our seniors to rekindle and share their interests with others.